White jumpsuit with pink motif
Regular price €1,050
For Resort '20 Pippa Holt has created a limited edition range of jumpsuits. Collaborating with artisans and working with their traditional hand woven cloth, each piece is cut and made in a sustainable maker’s studio. The artisanal cotton takes 6 weeks to weave by hand, while the construction of the jumpsuit takes one and a half days. No two are the same and are couture pieces. In the same vein as the kaftans, the jumpsuits are practicable, uplifting and can be worn anywhere.
* It takes each artisan over one month to make a jumpsuit and, due to the way they are meticulously hand-crafted, no two are the same. Naturally dyed cotton thread is woven into cloth using a back-strap loom, an ancient weaving technique that has been used for generations.+
Pippa Holt's editorial background as a stylist at British Vogue, a degree in fashion design combined with her love of travel is very much evident in her collection. Growing up on the beaches of Australia, she was inspired by her grandmother's style of tropical dressing at her seaside holiday home on The Great Barrier Reef Stylist Pippa Holt launched her eponymous line of kaftans which celebrates her love of indigenous textiles, far-flung travel and beautiful, original attire after finding nothing to wear in the searing heat while living in Houston.
Pippa says: "I love the authenticity of these kaftans and how comfortable they are to wear. I call them my 'Holiday Heroes'. They pack small, work day and night on a beach, in a city, with or without a belt. They are incredibly versatile. These kaftans are light, practical and yet stylish and reminiscent of far flung shores. In many ways I was collaborating on a collection which recreated that sense of freedom of dressing that I had so adored in Australia. The colours were original and unique and filled me with so much joy.”
Each kaftan takes one month to make and four to five days to sew its panels. Due to the way they are hand-crafted, no two are the same. Pippa has collaborated with Felipa, a head weaver in a remote village in Mexico who has over 50 years of experience. Along with her daughter, Angelica and a group of artisans, they create one off pieces following age-old traditions.
- 100% naturally dyed cotton
- Mint and white cotton, burgundy motifs
- Short sleeves
- Centre front zip approx. 40cm
- Right hand breast pocket zip
- Adjustable press-stud belt tabs
- Two front slip pockets at hips
- Fits true to size
- Dry clean or delicate machine wash
This item's measurements are:
S - Bust: 81cm, Waist: 84cm, Hips: 95cm
M - Bust: 83cm, Waist: 88cm, Hips: 99cm
L - Bust: 87cm, Waist: 92cm, Hips: 103cm
* Each jumpsuit is crafted from hand-woven material and is unique, therefore motifs may vary from each design.